MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS

dishwasher seems to be stuck on drain cycle. will not automaticaly

Customer Question

dishwasher seems to be stuck on drain cycle. will not automaticaly turn off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X look forward to helping you! Disconnect the power from the dishwasher and remove the lower access panel in the front, under the door. Can you feel any water in the base of the dishwasher, under the tub?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Look to the left, there is a red plastic rod with a white piece of styrofoam at the bottom. Is that styrofoam resting on the plastic base?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
You have a failed control on this as it is malfunctioning. It would need to be replaced. If you give me the full model# XXXXX can tell you where it is and how to replace it as there are 2 different possibilities with these units.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

shi4306

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.

The control is in the console, so just remove the screws holding the door front on and you can easily access it. The console unsnaps and the control snaps into place and is easily changed with basic skills. I buy parts from apdepot.com, so you can call them Monday if you wish to order the part- just have the FULL model# XXXXX them as you supplied me an abbreviated one. They DO NOT have bosch parts listed on-line.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

are you refering to the control unit with all the lights?

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it is the only control on this
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks I'll replace
he control unit and be back in touch with the results

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
Ok , just post back if there are any issues. Thanks