Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

GE Monogram Gas Stove It keeps clicking on its own like

GE Monogram Gas Stove

It keeps clicking on its own like you are trying to ignite it. How do we stop it?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have the model number ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No. Its a built in gas GE Monogram stove.

okay, has anyone spilled water on the controls before this happened ? or cleaned it with a spray cleaner?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, water boiled over.

Okay, what is happened is you have moisture in the switches which are causing the spark module to fire, there are two things you can try. It's not a bad problem so that's good, you can try taking a hairdryer in removing the knobs and warm up down in the hole where the knobs go that's where the switches are if you can dry them out they should stop clicking. The other thing you can do is unplug this overnight and let it dry out naturally usually that will work by morning, the hairdryer will make it a little faster just be careful you don't put it onto hot so you don't damage the surface of the stove. But either one of those should take care of this for you. It's just moisture in the switches and it happens all the time especially if water gets down into the switch area. As soon as his dries out it should be fine. I hope this helps, thanks and very best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you very much. I think it'll work by morning

okay your very welcome. please don't forget to rate me before you sign off, three or above is good, I will be on tomorrow if you have any further questions or for some reason it doesn't work but in my experience this works well. Like I said it's just moisture in the switches. Have a great weekend and thanks, Bryan