Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my insikerator has ceased up (the motor) I tried the reset

my insikerator has ceased up (the motor)
I tried the reset button but that didn't work, the plumber seemed to indicate there is a way to fix it with a wrench, but I see no where on the device to apply a wrench. any ideas?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Okay the kind of range you need is an Alan wrench , usually these come with a wrench I'm not sure if you have the one that came with the unit but if you have an Alan wrench set what you need to do is in the very bottom of the unit in the center there is a hole, you need to get an Alan wrench that fits in there and turn it back and forth and see if it turns freely , if it doesn't turn freely there is most likely something jammed in it so you need to keep going back and forth until you free up the jam , be careful not to have the wrench in when you do try to started again once you get it freed up , just make sure the machines off before inserting the wrench. once you are able to move the wrench all the way around in a full circle pull the wrench out and try the unit . this is what the original wrench looks like in case you have seen one of these laying around that's what it's for I hope this helps, thanks, Bryan