Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My oven light (electric oven) does not come on when turned

My oven light (electric oven) does not come on when turned to bake and the element only gets slightly warm. It comes on for broil and the broil element heats properly. There are no obvious wear signs on the element.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Do you have a voltmeter?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No I don't.

okay, even though the element looks good that doesn't mean that it's not shorted inside the element. Can you give me the model number?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

heres a link to the bake element, theres also a video there that shows you how to test it with a volt meter if you can find one, 9maybe someone you know has one) you can also buy a cheap one at lowes for around $15.00 if you wish. hope this helps, thanks, Bryan