Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My washer just quit working, all the lights come on but just

My washer just quit working, all the lights come on but just won't start up. As far as I know it has had no physical damage. I bought it in late 2009 and I only used it once or twice a month, (divorced and retired). It seems like it just needs a reset button, the water starts to come on for a few seconds and then it just stops the moter never starts up. Got any idea whats wrong?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have the model number so we can better assist you ? is this a front loader ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes it is a front loader, model #'s 48102, 49106, 48112, 48116

okay can you open the door and theres a tag on the inside with the full model number that will start with a 3 digit prefix like 110,106,665 or some other combo can you check that ? the number you gave me is incomplete.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK but it will take me a few minutes it's in a shed out back and I am on oxygen.

okay take your time.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK I hope I got the right numbers 417 48102700

Yes that is correct number, now tell me when you start this doesn't door lock and the red door lock light on the console come on saying the doors locked?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes the door locks but my lights are green and yes a green light comes on indicating the door is locked.

Okay Well there is no simple reset for this, what I mean is from what this sounds like it seems like your water inlet valve is failing, you say some water comes in and then it stops and then nothing? The water inlet valve would need to be replaced or at least checked for voltage which I'm not sure you could do, the top of the machine would have to come off and this would have to be tested for voltage while the machine starts, I wish it was as simple as pressing a few buttons .but its not a problem that can be fixed by reseting something. can you get someone to help you and that has a volt meter ? if so come back and we can try then. wish i had a simple fix,sorry. let me know, thanks. Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How much should a replacement valve cost?

the timer is around $46.00 heres a link to order it but you really should test the power to it and make sure thats the issue. click that blue link .
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK thanks

your welcome , have a great night, thanks ,Bryan