Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

How do I get the oven door to unlock after touching the CLEAN

How do I get the oven door to unlock after touching the CLEAN button by mistake????
The screen shows LOC.

It is a Tappan cook stove, 2 small and 2 large electric coil burner w/self cleaning oven.
3 to 4 years old, purchased at Lowe's I do not know model # XXXXX it is probably inside the oven door....

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

does this have a bottom drawer ? if so can you look in there for a model number tag ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
model TEF351EWF
ser.# XXXXX (i can't tell if it is the letter O or the number zero
Okay perfect, the lock latch assembly on this particular model is in the back of the range which is actually good, you can get the door open by pulling the range out and disconnecting the rod that runs to the front for the latch hook. The rod is connected to this which is the motor assembly. your lock motor has failed and will need to be replaced, this is not something you can fix by pressing certain buttons although I would make sure that the control is not in child lock mode before doing anything else. try pressing and holding the clear/off button in for 5 seconds and see if the control itself unlocks. let me know.