MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

infinite switch install I HAVE A JEN AIRE model # XXXXX

infinite switch install
I HAVE A JEN AIRE model # XXXXX serial # XXXXX THAT THE RF SWITCH IS NOT WORKING I AM TRYING TO INSTALL A DUAL INFINITE SWITCH PART # XXXXX THIS IS THE NEW SWITCH. THE OLD SWITCH DOES NOT LOOK ANYTHING LIKE THE NEW SWITCH.
I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT WIRE TO WHAT POLE.

Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

.

.

Did not the new switch come with instructions?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Chas it sure did and it is very confusing because the switches are different the instructions tell you if you have a piggy back connection do this or if you have a compound connection do this. I just would like to know what color wire to which switch pole.
Attach the black wire(s) from the old switch (terminal 2) to the new switch terminal P1. Also attach the jumper cable to P1 and "jump" it to S1.

Attach the orange wire (old switch terminal 5) to S2
Attach the yellow wire (old switch terminal 4) to 4a
Attach the tan/(white?) wire (old switch terminal 3) to terminal 4 on the new switch
Attach the single red wire from the right front element to terminal 2 on the new switch.
Attach the 'compound' red wires (the ones that come from the left rear/outlet connection and is also attached to the right rear switch) to terminal P2 on the new switch.
There is no need to seperate the compound red wires as the instructions might lead you to believe.
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS