Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a ge fridge model #GB S22KBRAWW; Serial #GG045016: The

I have a ge fridge model #GB S22KBRAWW; Serial #GG045016:
The freezer section of the fridge is working fine but the fridge part doesn't seem to be
workng any longer; The model is approximately 8 years old;
Do you have any suggestions on what I should be looking for?
The damper in the riser was closed, I opened it to allow air from the freezer compartment
to rise into the fridge part, but the fridge doesn't seem to getting real cold.
Suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon, can you open the freezer door and take a look behind your food at the back wall , is there Frost on that back wall? is a fan running in the freezer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes there is frost on the back wall and a fan is running.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay this is a common problem on these refrigerators. They have what's called a defrost problem. There should be no Frost on that back panel and what this suggests is there is a lot more behind that panel, what that does is restrict the airflow to the refrigerator section. Here comes the hard part since this is a bottom freezer refrigerator these are a little bit difficult to work on, you need to remove that back panel # XXXXX on this diagram. It's difficult to work on because the drug gets in your way and it's hard to reach everything in their. If this has an ice maker that also has to be removed before you could get the back panel out. Once you have the panel out you will see there's probably an extreme amount of Frost in and on the coils, you need to defrost these with the hairdryer, the issue is the defrost thermostat. it will need to be replaced. its clipped to the top of the coils, i will send you a link to the part in a minute.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I was wondering if you were happy with my support in your appliance repair or if you need more assistance. If you accept my answer please let us know by saying yes so I can get paid for helping you.if you need more help I'm still here. we have been having site issue's and people are not seeing how to rate us. please if you don't see the smiley faces you press to rate me you can say yes I rate you 3 or above if I've been helpful. I don't get paid unless I am rated. placing smiley faces yourself on a post is not considered an accept. if you say you accept my answer that works, sorry to bother you with this I know its confusing. thanks and have a great day.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.