Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

The icemaker in my side by side is not making ice. The lever

The icemaker in my side by side is not making ice. The lever handle, after being depressed will make one batch, but as soon as it is dropped, the lever returns to the off position.
Please help.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Can you get us the full model number so we can assist you better ? thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Where on the unit would i find the model?

If you open the refrigerator section and look on either one of the side walls or the ceiling there will be a tag with the model number on it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Okay perfect , the problem is the icemaker module, Control Module(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product Viewthere is a white On the front of the icemaker it's a cover if you pop that cover off you will see this. It's the module and this is what controls the ice maker. the ice maker module is more money then the entire icemaker itself , the module is $89.00 and the icemaker as a whole is only $59.00 , its cheaper to replace the whole ice maker as strange as that seems. heres a link to order it. I hope this helps, thanks , Bryan