Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a frigidair GLTF2940 front load washer. The drum doesnt

I have a frigidair GLTF2940 front load washer. The drum doesn't turn, even by hand. I'm guessing the motor needs to be replaced, yes?

I'm thinking this should be a fairly simple, do-it-yourself job, I hope!?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good evening, unfortunately I doubt very much its your motor , the motor rarely binds up, you say you have the back opened can you roll the belt off the big pulley and see if the drum turns with the belt off ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

wow, you're good!

took belt off, drum still doesn't turn.

Okay that's not good news, we know it's not the motor now, what is happened is there rear bearing in the drum has failed and seized up, very common on these machines unfortunately, the really bad news is the Bearing is not sold separately and is only sold already installed in the whole rear drum assembly.Rear Drum with BearingNNN-NN-NNNNMain Product ViewAlso this is not an easy fix unfortunately the whole machine has to come apart and split the two top tub halves to repair this. It's also hugely expensive,the part is $209.00 and the part # XXXXXNNN-NN-NNNNand you can order it at,