MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

i have a bosch dishwasher model #SHE4AP06UC/06 serial#fd901000146

i have a bosch dishwasher model #SHE4AP06UC/06 serial#fd901000146 it was working fine and i changed out the garbage disposal and forgot to remove the plug that allows the water to drain out of the dishwasher. The water in the dishwasher filled up and then i realized that there was a problem. I then removed the plug and reconnected the hose. The dishwasher will sound like it starts and then a few minutes display that the dishes are clean. I have reset the unit a few times and turned the power off but it still does the same thing.

Rob :

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be helping you with your problem today. If anything isnt clear, please just ask me.

Rob :

Can you tell me, when the dishwasher starts up, does it sound like the pump trying to empty?

Customer:

i can hear something running inside. after i remove the plug in the garbage disposal it pumped out the water and then started this problem

To properly reset this you need to turn it on. Press the start button for 5 seconds until the display shows 00 or 01 (if your unit has a display) then release it. Turn the unit off. It is now reset and will work. If this does not work then post back as there is another way.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i tried this reset and the unit will come on pump runs and drain any water out for minute then it makes a couple of switches and the clean light comes on ( no display on this model)

Turn off the unit and unplug the wire going to the drain pump. Turn the unit on and you will hear some relays clicking. Wait 30 secs then turn the unit off. Reconnect the harness and you should be in business.
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS