Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Whirlpool Gold GU2500XTPB6. Has been running good

I have a Whirlpool Gold GU2500XTPB6. Has been running good for over ~6 years or more. Just completed a wash cycle with no heat (had some delicate items in there) It appears to have stopped like normal, dishes were clean, but the "CLEAN" light is blinking. It blinks 7 times, pauses, then blinks again 7 times, over and over. I unplugged it for 5 minutes, plugged it back in, no change in the light. If I hit the CANCEL/DRAIN button, the pump will engage and the timer says 2 minutes, it sounds like its draining, but there is no water in the tub. Board or Sensor?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Give me a few minutes to pull up the technical sheets on this . I will be back shortly thanks, Bryan

Clean LED

Blinks 7 Times, then Repeats (Water Heating Fault)

you need to test both the water heating element Heating Element Assembly W10134009       Main Product Viewand the thermostat. High Limit Thermostat 661566 Main Product Viewfor continuity. whichever one has no continuity is bad and needs to be replaced. they are both tested the same way. heres a link to show you how. theres a video.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Okay I was measuring the thermistor, not thermostat. I found the thermostat. It is reading .6 Is that within range of "good"? Thermistor tests good within range. On the tech diagram inside the dishwasher that I found when I removed the front cover...there is no range listed for the Hi limit thermostat.

okay so are you getting a reading on the thermostat or not ? does the needle go up or if its digital do you get a reading ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

okay so this is what I have done. Both thermistor and thermostat are reading good. I have put the dishwasher in a diagnostic cycle. It ran through with no issues....but the last part is heating element or HEATER. The element was not hot to touch immediatly after the cycle. I have removed the element from the dishwasher. The coating is coming off on my hands. Ohm meter (digital) is showing continuity @ 10.6 ohm, which by the book is within range, right?