Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hotpoint Refrigerator #Model HSS25GFPA WW will not stop dispensing

Customer Question

Hotpoint Refrigerator #Model HSS25GFPA WW will not stop dispensing water. What is the best way to begin troubleshooting?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Is the paddle loose or when you push it in does it return back out like it's supposed to ? is the water just dripping out or does it keep pouring out until you shut the water off behind the refrigerator ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The water comes out just like normal, flow wise. The paddle does return
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay, is this water coming out even when you are not using the water? In other words when the water is turned on behind the refrigerator this water automatically come out of that tube?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well, here is what happened. Last night I filled a glass with water and it would not stop flowing no matter what I did. If I select the ice functions, they work and the water keeps coming. I could not move the unit to clost the valve , so I clamped off the flew line going into the frrezer door. So it is like I am still selecting water flow. Does that help?
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
Okay that's what I thought, what happened is your electronic fill valve has stuck in the open position, this valve has two sides one for the water in the door and one for the ice maker, the valve is failed on the waterside. The problem is this it is in the back of the refrigerator but it is fairly easy to change but you will need to pull a refrigerator away from the wall and shut the water off, this is located right with the water line from the house connects to the refrigerator and is really easy to change once you get the refrigerator out. the valve is around $45.00 at the following link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/WR57X10032/880070?modelNumber=HSS25GFPAWW you need to replace it. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
! Thanks!
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
your very welcome. have a great day. thanks, Bryan