Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a frigidair ice maker I took the tray out to wash it

I have a frigidair ice maker I took the tray out to wash it I then put the tray back in and now it will only dispence crush ice it wont dispence cube ice is there anything I can do it was work ing find before we dont use crush ice only cube ice but now we cant get cube ice. Thanks for your help. Gordon.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the full model number ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The model number is XXXXX

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay perfect, on the left side of the ice auger assembly(the part you to go to clean) there is a broad that runs down the side along the bottom. It's number 46 on this diagram. This rod has to slide into the auger solenoid assembly in the back of the freezer. # XXXXX on the diagram. this pulls the rod down to go from cubed to crushed ice, check and make sure its in the plastic part of the solenoid.it has to be in the hole (the white part) make sure the solenoid isn't stuck down and the rod is out of the hole (square hole)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Bryan. I will try that when I get home I am at work right now if it works great if not I will contact you again. Thanks for now.Gordon.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay Gordon, I'm fairly certain you will never find the rod is not in the right position through the hole I have seen this 1000 times, sometimes when you put it back in it doesn't go through the square plastic part that's connected to the solenoid and therefore when you press for say cubed or crushed ice the solenoid isn't able to change the position of that arm which is what makes ago from crushed to cubed. Just reply back to me if you need me and I will receive an e-mail telling me you need to speak to me again. Thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks you so much I did what you instructed and it works Thanks again I will call on you next time I have a problem. Gordon.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
That's great ! I had a feeling that's what it was, good job ! Thanks and have a great week and the only thing I ask is that you rate me three smiley faces or above so I get paid for helping you, well wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Bryan. I did what you told me to do and its working fine. Thanks Gordon