Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I can here the pump running, but not getting any water at the

I can here the pump running, but not getting any water at the door. Replaced the filter and no difference. But there is water at the filter.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Can you get us the full model number so we can better assist you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FRS6L7EESN
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay perfect, under the doors in the front there is a grill number 72 on this diagram.Remove the grill and you will see the tube that goes up into the door hinge on the freezer side to the water in your door. There will be a connection there we you can disconnect the tubes, disconnect them and put the tube in a bucket. Make sure the door is shut and pressed for water, tell me if the water comes out into the bucket.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, water comes out
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay that's what I thought, the line is frozen up inside the door. This is a tough situation because the door is insulated and it's hard to defrost that line. Ideally you could leave the door open for eight or 10 hours it would defrost automatically but with food in it that's usually not an option, the only thing I can tell you to do is open the freezer door and take a hair dryer and go all up and down the inside of the door warming it up. Be careful not to get it to hot or you could melt the plastic. This may take some time to finally get the line unfrozen, that is definitely your issue and it is pretty common. One way or the other you need to defrost the line. You can't take the door part to get to it either unfortunately. It goes up to the insulation in the door. It's a blown in foam insulation so there's not much you can do besides warm it up and get it defrosted. I hope this information is useful however, well wishes and thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.