Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

i have a model ptwn6050mwt that will not run and the screen

i have a model ptwn6050mwt that will not run and the screen says lid. i have checked the lid switch and it is good. the red light on the circuit board is blinking 10 times. can you tell me what i might need to check next?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

Click on this link and watch the video on how to do a motor reset , let me know if it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZKqpoVX3t4

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No it didn't work. Now the red light is just blinking once and the display still says lid.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No it didn't work. Now the red light on the circuit board on top of the motor is just blinking once and the display still says lid.

Okay how did you test this lid switch? Did you use of voltmeter and check for continuity?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I cut the wires and checked for continuity across the wires when the lid was closed with a Fluke meter.

Okay this links just once on the motor now ? Then repeats?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes it only blinks once and repeats.
That error means the motor and inverter are bad. The inverter is the board on top of the motor. This is not uncommon on these machines, unfortunately the inverter is not sold separately from the motor and this is very expensive motor. $285.00 I will give you a link to purchase it and also the part number if you want to search for a better price. Here's the link to the part, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/WH20X10066/0026/363&pathTaken=partSearch&blt=14&prst=0&shdPart=WH20X10066 and the part number is. WH20X10066 , sorry to give you the bad news, I hope I've helped though, thanks and best wishes, Bryan