Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Hello I have a Maytag Washer mtw5630tq1 ser cw2540024 The

Customer Question

Hello I have a Maytag Washer mtw5630tq1 ser cw2540024

The part that is round and controls turning it on and everything has come loose from the back or something. It is still connected but not sitting as it should if that makes sense. I have a video I could show but don't know exactly how to send it. Could you tell me if i go from the back or top to fix this and how
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Are you talking about the timer itself coming loose?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well its the control knob???

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay I see that, is it just the knob that's loose or is the whole timer or loose ? The knob goes on the timer. Is it just that the outside of the knob is loose?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well i can feel the heaviness of the timer attached if that makes sense. you can like pull it and kind of see inside if that makes sense. feels like know may be loose from something

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay so it seems like the hold timer and knob are moving in one? What you need to do is open up the control panel to see either if the timer plastic that holds it in is broke or the product connects to let me get you a video to show you how to open up the control panel, I'll be back in just a little bit
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Okay this control panel is clipped down with little harder than ones that have the screws but that's okay I still have a video that shows you how to do it you are going to need a putty knife which I find is the easiest to get these control panels open with there are clips on each side of the control panel. These clips need to be pushed in while twisting the control panel up and letting it lean back. You could see the clips in this picture. The clips are number three. I'll be right back with the video
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Okay here's a real good video to help you open the control panel, check and make sure the timer hasn't come loose in some way. Here's the video click on the blue link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVF0h1MQdBE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

does it matter that ours is a maytag and what you sent was whirlpool or are they the same company

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
No it doesn't matter, the Maytag is made by Whirlpool and they use the same set up as they do on their own direct drive machines, in fact this is a direct drive whirlpool made machine. Are you not able to get it open? It's the same setup that has the same clips in fact the same body as a use on the whirlpool machines it just as a Maytag name on it.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks so much...It's done!

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
You're very welcome, have a great day and thanks, Bryan