Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

kenmore elite dryer, runs, but 0 heat, replaced thermal fu

kenmore elite dryer, runs, but 0 heat, replaced thermal fuse..

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Do you have a model number so we can better assist you?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

model no. looks like this 1'0.61082000

Okay got it, do you have a voltmeter and know how to check continuity?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i donot have a volt meter, have heat coil out and no broken coils visible, how many things can it be, thermal fuse, heat coil, what else? thanks terry

Okay Terry, you replace this is that correct ? Thermal Fuse(NNN) NNN-NNNNAlternate Product ViewIf the heating element is good and no broken coil the next thing you want to check would be the high limit thermostat, the one on the right in this picture. This is on the side of the heater can towards the back. I gather you are ready have the dryer unplugged so what you can do since you don't have a volt meter is remove the two wires from the thermostat further back on the heating can, tape them together reinstalled the heating element and make sure that the wires from the thermostat are not touching anything and try the dryer, see if the coil comes on then if so you need to replace the thermostat, here is a link to order it. It comes in a set however with both thermostats so replace them both. I'm pretty confident that's the issue if it isn't then you may have a main control board issue. Let me know if that works, and please do not leave that jumped out and do clothes in it, replace the thermostat before using the dryer. Thanks and best wishes, Bryan