Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Gallery series model FRS26ZTH refridgerator stopped cooling

Gallery series model FRS26ZTH refridgerator stopped cooling over night. Unit appears to be running but both sides (Freezer and Refrig) warming up Water leaking from freezer side but pretty sure it is from the ice melting.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, if you still have this pull away from the wall can you get behind the refrigerator and listen to the compressor . do you hear a clicking or buzzing coming from the compressor area about every 3 to 5 min.?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes there is a click and a buz about one to 2 minutes apart

Okay that's what I thought, you have a bad relay in overload kit, the relay starts the compressor and that's what you hear clicking when the relay cannot start the compressor the overload clicks off and then about 2 to 3 min. later will try again but if the compressor is not starting your overload will kick off again.You will need to replace the relay although it comes in a kit with the new overload also, this is a common failure on these. you can order this at the following link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Relay-and-Overload-Kit/5304410951/639593?modelNumber=FRS26ZTHB0 it just plugs in on the side of the compressor, hope this helps, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

is there anyway to verify that this is the issue? The reason I ask is it sounds like the compressor tries to come on (humming) then shuts off

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

did I lose you?

No you didn't lose me I'm here, I actually answered you but when you reply before my answer went through it erased it. You can take the relay off and shake it if it rattles its definitely bad, I'm 99% sure this is the issue however. We do a lot of these and if you do some research you will see that these fail all the time. If the compressor is trying to start and doesn't it's the relay. I hope this helps, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

on this refridge the part number you sent does not match. What is connected to the compressor is

P/N XXXXXXXXX Starter PTC and connected to that is Run Capacitor

P/N XXXXXXXXX /p>

The link you sent does not match the part.

Can you confirm the correct parts needed please

Okay they used several different relay assemblies in these. This is most likely the one in yours.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
You can order this at the following link, http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Frigidaire-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/218721110/0046/253/Model-FRS26ZTHW5/1428/0165000?key SuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=R0102021&diagramPageId=00006&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=FRS26ZTHW5&subCompDesc=System&brandDesc=FRIGIDAIRE&modelDesc=FRIGIDAIRE/REFRIGERATOR&blt=11&shdMod= sorry for the confusion, have a great day, Bryan