Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Maytag Centennial Washer and the lid is locked. It

I have a Maytag Centennial Washer and the lid is locked. It was on spin cycle when the power went out, when the power came back on both the green and red lights were flashing with the lid locked. We pressed the power button and the green light went out but the red light is still flashing. We unnplugged it, but the lid is still locked. How can we unlock the lid?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Do you have the model number?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

My husband got the lid opened by holding down the button while pulling up on the lid. Does this create a problem using the washer now? The Model # XXXXX

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
I don't believe it will, what I would do know before you shut the lid again is unplug the machine for 5 min. and then plug it back in, try the machine and see if it locks and starts to wash again if not you may need to replace the lid lock, hopefully everything will be okay but if not get back to me and I will get you a link to where you can order this and some diagrams on how to replace it. Thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

We started a load and the lid locked and the cycle started. My husband stopped the cycle and the lid unlocked, he started it again, the lid is locked and the water is filling. Looks like it's working so far. Thanks for the info.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay that's great to hear, if you need more assistance I will be here all day, rating me does not close the question and you can come back at any time. So if you have any further issues with it please feel free to contact me by just replying back and I will receive it. Have yourself a great Sunday and thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.