Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

our kitchen aid (model unknown) side by side inset. is beeping

our kitchen aid (model unknown) side by side inset. is beeping 3 times. call service...over temperature control. The top half of freezer isnt freezing and the refrig is not staying very cold. What can we do? we have reset it, but should we unplug it. service is going to be very expensive likely. any ideas?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, can you get us the full model number? look inside the refrigerator on either the sidewall or the ceiling for a tag . thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

you were right, it was in the freezer:

model: KSSP48QKS00

serial: QL9900001

Okay perfect, can you open the freezer door and check the back wall inside behind the food and tell me if there is any frost on it? Also is the fan running in the freezer? Let me know, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we removed all the food as the ice had melted all over it, but I do not hear a fan running in the freezer or refrigerator side. keep in mind the fridge wasn't running cool eaither

Okay so the refrigerator was completely silent and nothing was running at all? This means the main control board has failed. How old is this unit? They are saying this part is no longer available