MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

I have a Bosch double oven that displays an Unlocking Door

Customer Question

I have a Bosch double oven that displays an Unlocking Door error message and the lights in the upper oven stay on. I key pad is non-responsive. I already replaced the door latch motor for the top oven but that didn't help. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appl-Tech replied 2 years ago.

Appl-Tech :

Hello, thanks for letting us answer your questions. We appreciate your business!

Appl-Tech :

May I have the model number off the label on the oven ,please?

Customer:

Bosch Wall Oven HBL755AUC

Appl-Tech :

The problem lies within the computer board that controls the latch motor. The fact that the keypad is non responsive would confirm that is the problem. But you should check any connections from the touch pad to the computer board, to make sure you don't have a bad connection on a cable. The part seems to be hard to get, no one stocks it other than one I could find for you on Ebay.

Appl-Tech :

The price is half what the parts store are showing.

Customer:

Connections to the touch pad appear to be good. Does the fact that this happened during a self cleaning cycle mean anything? Does the fact that both lights inside the top oven remain on mean anything? If there is nothing else to try I will order a power board tomorrow. Thank you for your help on this.

Brian

Appl-Tech :

Yes I think that the fact that the lights stay on, is indicating something is stuck on and was probably overheated by the self clean cycle.
And you cant get the touch pad to respond pretty much leads me to the main board.
.

Appl-Tech :

May I ask that you please rate my help to you as positive for JA?
You may still come back with followup questions if needed
Thanks

Customer:

The link you provided above is to the touch pad circuit board. Is this what I need to replace or is it the main power board

Bosch Power Board

Part Number: AP3193815

MFG Part Number: 489259

http://www.appliancepartspros.com/bosch-power-board-double-489259-ap3193815.html#ixzz29Omr4UCp )

Appl-Tech :

I figured the computer board, because you are saying the touch panel will not respond. If you could program it and then say the bake unit would not come on, then I might think the relay may be stuck on the relay board. But that is not what you are describing.

Customer:

I just replaced the power board but I still get the same message...Unlocking Door and a frozen keypad. Is there a way to manually trigger the locking/unlocking process?

Expert:  kingcobra80 replied 2 years ago.
Do you still need help?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I do. I have a Bosch Double Oven (HBL755AUC) that displays an Unlocking Door error message along with a non-responsive keypad. The lights are also on in the upper oven. This all started after we ran a self cleaning cycle.

I've replaced the Door Latch Motor on the upper oven with a new part and then, after unsuccessful testing, replaced the lower oven Door Latch Motor with the motor that was on the top oven. After that didn't work I put in a new Power Board but I'm still seeing the same issues. Any ideas? Is there a way to reset the locking/unlocking process? I can open and close both oven doors.

Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 2 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your oven, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Michelle

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello Michelle,

Please do continue to search and thank you for your help.

Brian

Hello Brian,

We will continue to look for another Professional to assist you.

Thank you,
Michelle
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find another expert to assist you. Would you like me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for me to close your question at this time?

Thank you for your patience,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please continue to search

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.

Why have you not checked the door light switch? That is the most obvious part to have checked first as the control is confused because it thinks the door is latched and closed during the automatic test at power-up but the door switch is not confirming that state. The switch is on the left side and the hinge contacts it, so the oven must be pulled out to access it. It can be quite tedious to adjust it, but it worked before so it can obviously work again.

Check the switch and make repair as needed. I do not think anything complicated or expensive is needed here. You can probably sell that unneeded board on ebay to salvage some of your expense.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the tip to adjust the door switch. After making an adjustment the oven lights are no longer on when the doors are closed. i powered the system off and on again at the breaker but still receive an unlocking door error message and the keypad is non-responsive. Is there a certain amount of time I should wait between powering off and then powering back on? I waited about 5 seconds.

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
Do you hear the latch motor cycling when powering this on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The latch motors didn't cycle. A fan starts for about a second and then shuts down which is followed by one beep and an unlocking door error message.

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
The interface board has failed here as it is what tells the power board what to do and it is not. You need to replace it. You can probably unload that unneeded power board on ebay to get back some of the cost as it was never needed in the first place.

Be sure to follow the directions as you must set the board so it operates properly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for this advice. I've been purchasing parts from http://www.appliancepartspros.com/parts-for-bosch-hbl755-auc-fd-8207.html Which interface board do I need?

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
There is only 1 interface board right behind the touchpad.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
No, that board powers the blowers. You need the display board (also called the interface board) which is way more expensive.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
Yes, that is it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your help

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
Thanks- a positive rating is appreciated
Expert:  MRANSWER replied 2 years ago.
I see no rating left- what else is needed here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your continued help. It is greatly appreciated. My understanding is that as soon as I provide a rating my ability to ask is over. Maybe that isn't true. Please let me know.

I just put in the new display board but it didn't solve my problem. When the breaker is turned on the blowers start up and then stop, I hear two beeps and the display reads "Unlocking Door". I have rechecked all the connections to both the new power board and the new display board. What else can I try?

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
Did you configure the board as the instructions stated? The board must know you have a double oven otherwise the latch test fails.

You can ask questions after an accept fyi as follow-ups are allowed.
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The board didn't come with any instructions so no I didn't do any configuration.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The board didn't come with any instructions so no I didn't do any configuration. Instructions might not help becuase my touch pad is not responsive. I have a blinking clock time, an unlocking door message and a dead keypad.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The final result that resolved this issue was that the power lines connecting the lower door latch motor were reversed.

I also found out the answer to a question I asked multiple times. To reset the system once something like a new power board is put in the Start button needs to be pressed and held until a beep is heard. This takes a full minute to happen.

Thank you for picking up the torch and trying to help when the first guy ran out of ideas.

Expert:  MRANSWER replied 1 year ago.
thanks. Glad it is resolved. Motors are ac, so I really don't see how reversing the feed wires to it would have made any difference, but if it worked then that's good enough for me.