Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a whirlpool duet dryer. Put in the next load to dry

I have a whirlpool duet dryer. Put in the next load to dry and the dryer won't start. It beeps when I press on the start button. Got any ideas.?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Can you give me the full model number so I can better assist you? j Just open the door and there should be a tag right inside the door

.with the model number on it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Okay great, 99% of the time the thermal fuses what blows and therefore the dryer will not start, do you have a voltmeter and know how to use it to check continuity? If you click on this blue link it will take you to a you can order the part and also has a video to show you how to test it. this is located on the blower housing behind the panel underneath the door, there is an access panel you need to remove the screws and then the access panel to get to this. Make sure you unplug the dryer before doing any servicing. # XXXXX on this diagram is this panel. and the thermal fuse is # XXXXX on this one, I hope this helps, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

fuse resets. just opened door for it to cool down and went grocery shopping (2 hours). Just started back up after it cooled off.

okay, so is it working now correctly ? if it is replace the thermal fuse and your all set. let me know. thanks, Bryan