Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My kenmore HE2 gas dryer no longer has heat. The gas is turned

My kenmore HE2 gas dryer no longer has heat. The gas is turned on, the drum turns, there is air flow through the vent and all the controls seem to work. The burner is obviously not working

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon can you get us the full model number so we can better assist you ? thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Okay great, I need you to remove the bottom panel access panel under the door number 61 on this diagram, just remove the screws marked number 43 and pull the panel off. When you have that off start the dryer on high heat and tell me if you see the igniter glow. If you see the igniter glow and then shut off and not lite the flame let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The dryer is stacked in a tight closet and it will take me some time to get the panel off, stay tuned. How long are you available?

I will be available most of the day, I checked my e-mails regularly and I will watch for your response, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not sure my reply went through. There is no glow

Okay I just received it, there are more than one cause for this particular problem you will need a voltmeter and know how to check continuity in order to do some tests. Do you have a voltmeter? Do you think you would be able to test a few things if I showed you where they were and century videos on how to test them? It could be the thermal fuse, the flame sensor, or the igniter itself but we would need to do some tests to see which one is bad
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't have one. I was hoping it was a simple solution, looks like I need to get a technician to do that.

Okay without a voltmeter the best I can do is tell you what the cost of the parts would be, the flame sensor, is around $37.00, the thermal fuse which is most likely what's gone on this is $8.60, if the igniter happens to be bad you're looking around $20.00 for that, include the labor and this whole job shouldn't run you over $100 or thereabouts, I hope this information is useful and I wish I could do more, usually it's a thermal fuse that goes in these so that's what they should look at first and it leaves you know now how much the different parts are for it. I hope this information is useful, thanks and very best wishes and have a great weekend, Bryan