Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We have a Whirpool Cabrio Washer. Last night we started a

We have a Whirpool Cabrio Washer. Last night we started a load on the deep clean cycle, and after it started we had to stop to add detergent. The cycle drained, we added the detergent, reset the deep clean cycle and went to bed. A little while later we heard the washer stop, we got up and looked and the washer was full of water and the power button would not work. We checked the breaker and it was on. The wall outlet has power. I looked in the manual and it said you should not use deep clean option on a wet load. Like I said there is standing water in it right now. How do I drain and then fix?
Good morning, have you tried unplugging the washer for 5 min. and then plugging it back in to see if it resets the board? If not can you try that? Let me know, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes. We have tried that.
Okay a couple of things, first you have the full model number of this unit? And second did this show any fault codes at all?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The model# ***** ***** As far as the fault code, there is no power to the machine to show the code, and we were in bed when it stopped. By the time we got to the machine there was no power to it. It was about 5 minutes after we heard it stop that we checked on it.
Okay that's not good, you are definitely not supposed to start this backup in the deep clean cycle. I know you know that now but what you did was you damaged the control board. The main electronic control. If you get no power whatsoever your control has failed. If you click the following link will take you to where you can order the control board and there's also a video on how to replace it. What I suggest you do is check the power at the control board from the main power plug , you can trace that once you get the control panel open you will see the main power cord where it plugs into the main control. Check there for 120 Volts if you're getting 120 Volts the control has failed in needs to be replaced. Here is the link to the part . hope this helps, thanks , Bryan