Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

You helped me before - I think this question may also be appropriate

You helped me before - I think this question may also be appropriate for you (otherwise and electrician). I need and elaborate explanation so chat is probably best. Can you do that now? It is related to a large upright freezer...
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

-Could you explain your situation a little more?
What is the issue with the freezer ? make and model number ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

You may not need that information at this time. Explanation:

This freezer has been in my mother's home for over 10 years. The freezer has been running on a 20amp circuit which is not dedicated. I felt it should be GFCI because it is about 6 feet from the laundry tub. I changed that outlet but it went through some iterations of adjustment to get it done. Yesterday the freezer ran on that outlet all day until I went to test something. Now, it trips the GFCI everytime. I do not think the GFCI is wired incorrectly. But could multiple plug-ins to the outlet have damaged the freezer which may have been on it's "last legs". I'm hoping to find the real issue ultimately and haven't yet tried anything.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can you help?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I may need to further explain what I did before the failures.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is this getting too complicated for this forum?

Yes I can help you, unfortunately running a freezer especially a large one on a GFI breaker will cause the GFI to fail, these are not made to be run on GFI breakers unfortunately, it's best to go back to a regular plug I understand this is close to a laundry tub but the issue is a regular while GFI is not made to run one of these, you may want to switch to a GFI breaker which goes right in the box. That may be a better option at this point for you. Running any heavy appliance on a GFI breaker will definitely damage the GFI and that's why you're having trouble, I hope this helps, thanks and best wishes, Bryan