Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a ge gas range top and the electronic ignitor keeping

I have a ge gas range top and the electronic ignitor keeping clicking. You are able to light the burner and turn off the burner but the clicking (as if its trying to start) continues. We have lifted the cover and disconnected and reconnected each of the burner wires to make sure they are connected properly. The clicking then moved to a different burner. You can see the 'spark' from the bottom of the ignitor (white part) and in the area of the wire itself. Trying to figure out what to troubleshoot next?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

you can see a spark comming from around the ceramic igniter ? is this just one burner clicking ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

you can see a spark coming from around the igniter and sometimes coming from around the wire going into the igniter. It started as just one burner (which i think is my main one) but once we disconnected/reconnected the wires on all of them it quit being that burner and moved to another one. then the next time we did it was two other burners. so its inconsistent. and you see the spark/static line going up the white part of the igniter from where the wires connect to the igniter.

okay , you need to replace the spark module, do you have the model number ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it looks like its a ge profile model number JPG970 and JPG975. I got that off the instructions that came with it. Not sure what the difference is between the two model numbers to know which one exactly that I have.

those numbers don't come up. does this have a bottom drawer ? if so look in there for a tag.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it is just the range top. so no drawer. did find a sticker under it. I think i messed it up the first time. it's JGP975 SEK2SS

okay perfect ! this is the module. its part number 999 on this diagram. this will be under the top. heres a link to order it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Spark-Module/WB13T10047/1085574?modelNumber=JGP975SEK2SS hope this helps, thanks and best wishes, Bryan