Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We moved to a new home and moved our Maytag Bravo washer and

We moved to a new home and moved our Maytag Bravo washer and dryer with us. The washer will not agitate or spin after hook up. We checked the troubleshooting section of the manual but that did not help us. The washer displayed an "ol" (over load) message, however I just place a few articles in the washer to test run it for the first load.
Please help!
Thank you!
Larry
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have the model number ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The model number is XXXXX

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay, this is a common issue with these machines. the tub cant (float). does this do this even empty ?

oL flashes when the machine/motor control detects a load size that exceeds the washer's capacity OR basket can not

disengage. This may signify:

• Load size exceeds washer capacity. Remove excess laundry, then restart cycle.
  • Mechanical friction on drive mechanism, mot allowing the basket to disengage.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The tub seems a little loose ( moves freely...about 3 inches at the top)when empty...is this what you mean by "float"???? Also, when I push down on the bottom of the basket, it goes up and down 1.5 to 2 inches.

I can't compare to what it was when full.

Before the move to the new house, I think it was tighter,

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay try removing and checking under the wash plate at the bottom of the tub. #6 on this diagram. make sure nothing is under the plate thats causing drag on the drum. what I mean by floating these tubs actually float when the have water in them. take the center bolt out and check under the wash plate.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So, I removed the wash plate and there is nothing there...it's very clean.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay, the most common reason for your issue then is the Rotor Position Sensor, it must have been damaged when you moved this. I know it looks difficult to replace but heres a link to order the part and theres a step by step video there to show you haw to replace it. heres the link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Rotor-Position-Sensor/W10183157/1394136?modelNumber=MTW6600TB0 hope this helps, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

A little disappointing. Before we order the part, are your sure that this will solve the problem?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
yes , if theres nothing slowing the drum down the RPS thinks something is. , this is very common. if you order this from the site I gave you then they have a 100% money back guaranty even if you install it. theres really nothing else as long as the drum is free like you said. hope this helps, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.