Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service
40730774

MMV1153AAW cooktop light doesnt light anymore. Everything

MMV1153AAW cooktop light doesn't light anymore. Everything else is working normally.
If your light is no longer working, then you have one of two issues. Either the control board is no longer supplying the 120 V to the bulb, or the bulb receptacle is bad and not contacting the bulb. With the bulb removed, if you cycle the light on and test the contacts inside the receptacle CAREFULLY with a volt meter, you should read 120 volts from the center post to the side post inside the receptacle. If you do not have 120 volts, your board is bad.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Will try to check out receptacle tomorrow evening. Will post results tomorrow along with rating. Thanks, Dave

Ok, let me know and I'll walk you through it
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Justin. Sorry for the delay. I just tested the light receptacle and it now has power. BUT...... now the light won't turn off. Tongue Out I wonder if the circuit board or the touchpad has a short? Thanks, Dave

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Justin, Regardless, I'll pay the $23 fee for your timely help/answer. I don't know how that works. I can rate you so far as Good. I'm waiting for reply to last submission, then I can give a final rating. I don't know how that works either. Thanks for time and trouble, Dave