Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I a ge model # XXXXX I put the machine on small load

I a ge model # XXXXX I put the machine on small load it filled with water did the agitation and then spun dry. But it made noise long after all the water was gone like it didn't know the water was all gone is that normal

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

are you saying the drain pump kept running long after the load was finished? did this actually shut off after that ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the drain pump did run long after the water was gone is that normal

not really. did this finish its spin cycle then stop but the pump just kept going ? so the machine didn't shut off at the end of the spin is what I mean.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes

okay sorry for all the questions, does it eventually shut off and unlock the door or do you have to hit cancel? or stop?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No it does shut off the door is a magnet so it doesn't lock and in a little while it will restart a finish the load sorry if I wasn't plain enough I just wanted to know if it was standard for the rinse cycle to continue after the water was gone

okay, yes this is normal in the sense that this rinses and then the pump runs and drains the rinse water out and then it continues the load and spin the clothes out. if this is an Extremely long time however there may be a timer issue, sounds like this is running correctly. is there an extra rinse cycle on this and is it on ? that may be why.