Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Maytag PAV2300AWW washing machine. While on the spin

I have a Maytag PAV2300AWW washing machine. While on the spin cycle, the machine cut off and won't restart. I checked the circuit breaker, which had not been tripped. The machine was overloaded when it cut off. Is there anything that I can do short of calling a repair person?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

this is most likely a lid switch issue. if these go out of balance it can cause the lid switch actuator to disengage the switch. try bypassing the switch and see if it starts. if so replace the switch assembly. you can order this @ http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/Maytag-Parts/Washer-Parts/21001137/0026/464/Model-PAV2300AWW/3048/015320 0?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=M0606007&diagramPageId=00002&productTypeId=0153200&searchModelNumber=PAV2300AWW&subCompDesc=Top&brandDesc=MAYTAG&modelDesc=WASHER&blt=11&shdMod=PAV2300AWW for around $20.00

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK. Thanks for your fast, really fast reply. I will take a look and let you know.

okay. this is common when these get thrown out of balance.let me know thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Brian, I took off the switch. In the process the piece that pivots/rocks fell off and presumably into the bottom of the machine. When I push on the button of the switch itself, the machine operates. So, I will retrieve the piece that fell into the machine and see whether it cal be put back in place. Thanks again for your help. Paul