Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a GE Profile gas cookin grange - convection type with

I have a GE Profile gas cookin grange - convection type with warmer tray. Yesterday I had kept some dough for fermenting in the oven and this morning I was dismayed to find that the dough had over flowed and had spilt all over the oven, and has dribbled into all the holes in the base plate and I am sure it must have intruded into the burner also. How can I remove the base plate and the sheets below it to clean out the dough. I am scared to use the oven for fear of causing a fire or even worse, an explosion

Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

.

.

Thank you for using Pearl.com for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

.

.

LOCATE YOUR RANGE/STOVE/OVEN MODEL NUMBER

First, here are some tips to help with your model number:

1. Don't enter a dash if it's not required.

2. Don't enter any blank spaces.

3. Be sure a zero is not the letter O.

4. Be sure a lower case L is not a 1.

5. Kenmore models always have a 3 digit prefix such as 110 or 665, then a period, then more numbers.

Next, look for an aluminum tag--or a silver or white adhesive label. The model number may be printed or stamped onto the tag and it may be written in two different type sizes or styles.

You might find the tag in one of these places:

Cooktop/Range/Stove

Gas:

* Inside the cooktop--if the top lifts up

* On the outside, bottom of the unit

* Inside the top of the vent duct--if it's a "downdraft" unit

Electric:

* Under one of the surface burners, or inside the cooktop--if the top lifts up

* On the outside, bottom of the unit

Gas or Electric Oven

* On oven side of the door jamb (with the door open)

* On the lower drawer jamb (with the bottom drawer open

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it is a GE Profile gas cooking range (convection type) with warmer tray at the bottom. There is no model number at the back, the range top is not easily removable, on the inside oven door I found this number

317B6641P001 and the user manuel it says - Self Cleaning Gas Ranges

I am not sure if I have been of much help, my apologies

I understand, but without it I cannot even bring up a diagram, the number you give is the number for the book only. I will opt out and hopefully another professional may be able to help you better.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the gas cooking range model number is XXXXX bought from home depot, Ottawa, Canada in Sep 2010

Did you get the bottom panout of the oven already?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes, the model number is XXXXX

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes

The model number of the cooking range is

PGB916SEM4SS

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

good morning, Chas has opted out, on this range there are two screws at the back of the bottom plate you need to remove to lift the floor out. you can see the holes in the picture but in the oven these are in the back. remove the screws and lift the floor up at the back and slide it back from under the front lip and remove. the floor is number 210 on this diagram. now below that floor there is a deflector plate that covers the burner which means most likely the dough didn't get into the burner assembly but here the diagram for that also. the deflector is # XXXXX you should be able to clean this up without removing that. hope this info helps, thanks and best wishes , Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.