Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Maytag MAH4000AWW door wont lock, so washer wont spin. Is

Maytag MAH4000AWW door won't lock, so washer won't spin. Is it the door lock that needs replaced or are ther electronics that might need replaced

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

does the door lock and the light say door locked ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The door does not lock. The "door locked" light does not come on. The washer won't spin.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Door does not lock. Door lock light does not come on. Washer won't spin. Other functions seem normal
okay give me a minute to write out an answer. please don't respond until you get my reply, it erases mine answer.thanks be right back Bryan
this issue is the control board. these go because of the wax motor in the door latch assembly. check the board for burnt r11 diodes where this arrow points. graphicreplace the board and the wax motor in the door latch. you can order both parts at the following link. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Does the wax motor live in the door portion of the latch or on the washer chassis portion. Are there any hints for getting at it? I see the control board, that seems straightforward

the washer portion. actually the way to get to it is remove the screws holding the door and the ones across from it then pull the u shaped panel out at the top and off. open the dispenser and remove the four screws , then remove the screws holding the top down in the front where you took the panel off and lift the whole top up and let it lean back against the wall. then you can access the latch assembly. here a video.