Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Maytag MDBH985AWS10 dishwasher Hot coffee spilled on the control

Maytag MDBH985AWS10 dishwasher Hot coffee spilled on the control panel, no lights, dishwasher does not start, fuse not blown

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have a volt meter ? you need to open the control panel and check power to the board.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have volt meter, how do I get to the control panel?

take the screws out on the inside of the door and lift the panel. shut the breaker off until you get this open. test the board for 120 volts.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the board has 120volts

okay, so this doesn't light up at all ? it means you either shorted out the board or one of the door switches. check the door switches for continuity. if they both have continuity replace the control. heres a link to the control. those are the only two things that could be the cause. hope this helps, thanks , and good job. Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Lights are coming intermittently. I think the short is in the touchpad

okay, what you should do is go to lowes and get some HQ contact cleaner and unplug the ribbon from the control board and pray the ribbon and the connection on the control board down real good and then plug it back in to see if it works correctly before ordering a key pad. the key pad itself is sealed so most likely its the connection or the control like I said.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

when I push the touchpad I can now see liquid by one leds, so the seal is blown. I'll try to blow it out, but it wont stop it from happening again.

okay. it must have lifted then and is inside the sealed key pad unit, the Manufacturer Number is XXXXX