Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Our Bosch dishwasher seems to be allowing water back into the

Our Bosch dishwasher seems to be allowing water back into the main tube. It pumps the water out fine, but then as it sits there after the cycle is over, the tube fills up with water. Almost seems like there is a stopper that is allowing the water to flow back in.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today can you get us the model number? also which tube are you referring to ? is there water flowing into the dishwasher itself? when not in use ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Bosch Evolution Dishwasher - SHE55M05.

okay now is this water comming into the machine ? what tube do you mean ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The drain hose. After the cycle runs, there is some water still left in the bottom of the washer. Then a few hours later there is more water in the bottom.

Okay, it shouldn't be comming back in through the drain if this is connected correctly and theres a loop under the sink like this. whats going on is the inlet valve isn't shutting tight and dripping water into the machine. a common issue on these machines. replace the valve. its located behind the front access panel under the door. heres a link to order it. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you., thanks , Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Regarding the diagram of the drain, it's not setup that way. There is a separate drain spout not connect to the sink drain. The hose just goes directly to it and not with a high point or air vent. It's drained ok for 5 years. I could put the drain with a high point just to try it, but there wouldn't be an air vent. Would that still help?

Either way, I'll get the new valve.

well if its run that way for many years that re enforces my suspicions about the valve. I would replace the valve. the drain wouldn't cause that , replace the valve and your all set. thanks and very best wishes, Bryan