Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

cannot get the water to run into the dishwasher

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

good morning, can you get us a model number so we can better assist you ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Model # XXXXX

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
where are you getting that model # ? try looking inside on the side wall. the one you gave doesn't come up. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, Serial # XXXXX

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
thats okay. Smile, the first thing you should check is the float inside the dishwasher , its part # XXXXX on this diagram make sure its not stuck. move it up and down and you should hear a slight click . let me know if you do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The float does move up and down but I do not hear a click

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay its real faint you may not hear it.do you have a volt meter ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i do not

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay.if theres no water comming in the fill valve will be the culprit. I usually have you check voltage to it before ordering one but you don't have a meter. 90% of the time e though its the valve. I would replace the valve, heres a link to the part. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/W10195049?searchModPar=W10195049&=Part+%23+search&pathTaken=partSearch&prst=0&shdPart= if you can get a volt meter I can tell you how to test the voltage if you wish. thats about all we can do . let me know, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's a brand new washer !

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
this is new ? did you have this installed or did you install it ? did it work after it was installed and then stop filling ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I insstalled my self. Removed the old and in with the new. tested and did not get water in the tub. I just checked the drain hose and it seems to be full. this is a new hose?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay. thats strange. I'm sure you turned the water on under the sink. there are no kinks in the water feed line correct ? is it copper or braided?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is a braided and the connection is a split on the hot water side under the sink. The sink is getting hot water so I know the washer is getting it as well.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay and theres no separate shutoff for the dishwasher ? usually theres a valve off of the main hot water line under the sink. did you have to shut the sink off to install this ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I shut off the hot water side. I disconnected the old line and reinstalled a new braided line.I then turned the hot water back on and figure if there is hot water to the sink there should be water to the washer.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay try this. shut the water off and remove the line from the dish washer and put it in a bucket. turn the water on and see if any comes out . can you do that ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My tools were left @ my house so I cannot disconnect the water at the present time. This is a condo

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay. well I really doubt theres a problem with the dishwasher but it is possible, I just don't want you calling someone out for a warranty call and they find out it wasn't getting water and charge you. if you check the water and it is comming through to the bucket then its the dishwasher and you need to call for service because if you start taking the machine apart they will void the warranty.you don't want that. check the water supply and go from there is the best advice I can give you. hope that helps, feel free to come back and talk if you need to. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thanks, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.