Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

our refrigeratocontrol shows O and when I try to put it higher

our refrigeratocontrol shows O and when I try to put it higher it doesn't work. I didn't turn it off it just quit running. Is it a relay switch or the electronic board?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning.Can you get us the model number from inside the refrigerator on the side wall or the ceiling ? thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Model # XXXXX

okay perfect. unfortunately the main control board has failed in this. G.E. had to redesign these boards. they have a new board that you need to install to repair your issue. you can order this at the following link. if you pull the refrigerator away from the wall and look on the back you will see an 8X10 " cover. the board is located there. easy to replace you can do this yourself. hope this helps. thanks and best wishes, Bryan