Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

our refrigeratocontrol shows O and when I try to put it higher

our refrigeratocontrol shows O and when I try to put it higher it doesn't work. I didn't turn it off it just quit running. Is it a relay switch or the electronic board?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning.Can you get us the model number from inside the refrigerator on the side wall or the ceiling ? thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Model # XXXXX

okay perfect. unfortunately the main control board has failed in this. G.E. had to redesign these boards. they have a new board that you need to install to repair your issue. you can order this at the following link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/WR55X10942/1531075?modelNumber=GSH22SGRESS if you pull the refrigerator away from the wall and look on the back you will see an 8X10 " cover. the board is located there. easy to replace you can do this yourself. hope this helps. thanks and best wishes, Bryan