Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Dryer taking twice as long or longer to dry a full load of

Dryer taking twice as long or longer to dry a full load of clothes

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, the first thing to do is remove the access panel under the door # XXXXX on this diagram. then start the dryer. watch the flame, does it only run for a minute or two then shut off and take a while to relight if it does at all ? watch this for about 1/2 and see what the flame does and let me know. also have you cleaned the vent lately? the one that goes outside ? is the air blowing outside strong ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

OK, I will try it this weekend. THanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

did you mean watch for 1/2 hour? So, if the flame stays off for say 90 sec and on for 30 sec, does it mean that the gas celenoid coils need to be changed? I just want to go through a few what if scenarios as it is a rental unit and I want to get this done most efficiently. I don't get to go there everyday.

Thanks

yes you need to change the coils, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Gas-Valve-Solenoid/279834/3479?modelNumber=GGW9250PW0 this will take care of the issue,to order then press the blue link above, thanks and best wishes, Bryan.

P.S. make sure the vent going outside is clear and it blows out strong.

I hope you received my last post. We are having site issue's if so the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you.