Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

i have a maytag neptune dryer than i cannot turn off or make

i have a maytag neptune dryer than i cannot turn off or make changes to the settings. Can I reset the system? I've tried unplugging as well as turning off thecircuit breaker with no luck
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
do you have a model number ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
YES. One moment
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
MDE6800AYW
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay thanks. when you open the door it stops correct ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it has not been running. we went to put a load in and could not make any changes to the touch pad
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay, do the keys make any noise when you press them ? is the control lit up ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no they keys do not make any noise. the number 18 is on the numeric display
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
as well as a few other indicators but no response to changing anything. totally frozen
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Still there?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
try this but if the keys are not responding the control board has failed.
Accessing Diagnostic Codes
Press Air Fluff and Time (^) to enter Service Mode.
Press the Wrinkle Release key to access the
Diagnostic Codes. Scroll through the Diagnostic Codes
by pressing the Temperature (^) key. The first time the
key is pressed the newest code will be displayed. Each
additional key press shows the next code. Once all the
codes have been displayed a “d” is displayed and the
process repeats. If there are no Diagnostic Codes
available, “00” will be displayed for the Diagnostic Code.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok stand by while i go to the laundry room
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay please bare with me I dont recieve your replies as fast as you recieve mine and i need to type out instructions so please wait for my reply in between. when you reply to fast before i have a chance to answer you it erases my answer and I have to start over. thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok i just tried that. the dryer beeped once any displayed the number 20, i cannot access any other control and no more buttons are responding
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay , thats not what it is supposed to be. it should have displayed 00 . this unfortunately is a bad control board.
you can copy and paste that link to order the board. its up in the control panel. heres a link you can copy and paste to your broser to take you to the part and diagrams. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Maytag-Parts/Dryer-Parts/Model-MDE6800AYW/3048/0151200/W0703636/00003?blt=06&prst=0&shdMod=MDE6800AYW
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it an expensive part to replace?
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
well it runs arond $211.00 , if you like the machine its worth it. thats up to you though. thanks and very best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.