Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

We bought a new dishwasher one week ago. My husband installed

We bought a new dishwasher one week ago. My husband installed it himself. As the week progressed the dishes seemed less clean until today, when no water at all is entering the dish compartment at any time during the cycles. The water line is connected and open.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

good evening, can you get me the model number please?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

okay the first thing is I gather your husband made sure theres no kink in the water line running form under the sink is that correct ? is there any water comming in at all when you start this now ? any at all ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

None. We hear the sound of water but no water is getting in. I should tell you that he had to order the 90 degree elbow and the exact water line that's mention in the installation instructions. He's using a 3/8" braided hose in the meantime. Could that be the problem?

actually the braided line is the best so thats not the issue.mmm you hear water ? how do you have the drain setup ? does it connect under the sink and did he put a loop in it ? like this ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Drain is set up under sink but no loop

oh, okay. you have to have a loop in it so thats the first thing you should do. the loop has to go higher than where the hose connects to the sink. this creates an air space so you don't get a siphon affect which is probably whats going on, the water is going in and right out. you may not realize it.try getting a loop in it as high as you can

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My husband is going to hold up the hose manually to see if it makes a difference.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It didn't work

okay what worries me is you hear water.the water is going somewhere. have you taken the front access panel off under the door to look yet ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, haven't taken the access panel off ... but somehow while we've been waiting for you to answer, my husband has been resetting the circuit breaker and also playing around with the water intake on the left side of the DW ... and it is now filling up with water. Could also be the loop you recommended ...

well try it out and see how it runs. maybe putting the loop in broke up the siphon if thats what is was . let me know if you need more help, thanks and best wishes, Bryan