Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I had a hose come loose on the pressure pump on my kitchenaid

I had a hose come loose on the pressure pump on my kitchenaid dishwasher and it would not complete a cycle. I repaired the clamp, but it still does not complete a cycle. It runs a few minutes then stops and the green light blinks 4 times. Is this indicative of an expensive repair?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have the model number ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Model # XXXXX

is the hose you fixed on this diagram?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No it was the hose on the little pump or motor that sits on the floor in the middle of the underside of the dishwasher. there is one hose in and one hose out

mmm. okay on this diagram. the pump and motor assembly ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

That looks like it--the smaller hose was the one that came loose and poured water

okay great. when you start this does any water enter the machine ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It did and then it drained and quit and the light started blinking. There was still a small drip, but not sure if it was residual water in the plastic housing or what--was not much, but did not get it to run long enough to tell if there was another issue. I don't want to spend a bunch on a service call and parts, if it will be a major cost. Not been real happy with this appliance, although only 2 years old. Am about ready to replace it, but should not have to for the price paid for it. I'm afraid if I call service it will end up costing half of a new unit, but wanted to see if it was just something more simple.

I understand,the biggest issue with this machine is the control board fails. the e;electronic control is around $90.00 but these machines have a lot of different issues like the pump assembly. It sounds to me from what your saying the control board it the issue. its up to you whether to repair or replace this.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok, thanks--one more question, since you indicate there may be multiple issues--what brand of dishwasher is the most dependable, in your opinion? I will probably replace this one.

Thanks

Thanks ! LOL Its tough to say. Do you want to go high end or something in the middle ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Middle to high end- not looking to spend over $1000. Do like stainless and quietness that this one has, but have not been real happy with the durability or quality.

okay. well Bosch is a good one and usually you can find them for under $1000.00 if you look around. they are quite clean great and are generally problem free. I have one myself, thats my recommendation. hope this helps. thanks , Bryan