Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Front load washing machine. Does not start. No spin light comes

Customer Question

Front load washing machine. Does not start. No spin light comes on only with a sound like the water pump running
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have a model number so i can better assist you ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Model LTF7000ES0

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
is the door locking and the door lock light on ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The door locks however the door lock light is not lit. The only light lit is the no spin light.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay so the light isn't comming on. the door lock assembly has failed, even though its locking its not sending a signal to the control that it is locked. this is a common failure on these machines. you need to order and replace it, heres a link where you can order it and theres a video there to show you how. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Lock/131763202/1531974?modelNumber=LTF7000ES0 best wishes and thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

is there a way to use the machine until I receive the part?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
I'm afraid not, there are contacts inside the switch that send the signal to the board, they are bad and you cant fix that or bypass this type of switch unfortunately. sorry.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Installed Part and machine worked for a couple days. Now today the same problem is occuring again. What would be your further suggestion?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
is this banging around at all when it spins ? thats really strange that it would run a couple of days then die again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Just a little hummm within the cabinet lust as before.

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
well the only other thing that would cause this would be the control board but that doesn't make sense since replacing the switch made it run. maybe out of alignment ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No other thing to offer? Like maybe a defective part. What is the symptoms of being out of alignment and the corrective action?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
the control would be the issue.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
thats all thats left on that and would cause that kind of issue, heres a link to that. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/137007000/0026/417?pathTaken=directMatch&filterPart=&pop=flush&prst=0&shdPart=137007000 hope this helps, thanks. Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I changed out to another door lock and still have the same problem....I then changed the water temperature from the bottom cold option to the cold-cold option at the auto temp and the machine started operating properly. Its half way thru the wash cycle and still running. What would cause this?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay great , that means the fill valve is the issue.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
this has a thermistor on it and its not sensing the water temp change.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Suscessfully completed a load of laundry and now going for a second load. Do you have a part number for this fill valve that you mentioned?

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
yes sorry I had to step out. Manufacturer Number 134371220, heres a link to order it if you wish. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/134371220/1154728?modelNumber=LTF7000ES0 thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

did not finish complete cycle with 1 min left. showed an 18H code then a E10 code. Had to move to different temp settings. Hard to start the second time..

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

* 1 Beep/E10--Error: Water doesn't enter Cause: Water supply

problem, Check kinks and faucets, thats basically the error code for the valve. did you replace the valve ?

or this is the other meaning.

1 Beep/E10--Error: Water leaks Cause: Water connections

loose,household drain clog,over sudsing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

just relaced the water valve. still nothing, no spin light comes on and no other lights. does not operate. door lock, water valve still nothing. any othet ideas???

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay, I really cant be sure but there must be a motor control board issue,

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
I will need to see if I can find a test program for this in the morning.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

so.....do i need to replace the control board or the motor control?

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
yes its seems the motor control board is bad, I cant find a diagnostic procedure for this one however. if you are going to replace that order it at this link. they have a full money back guaranty even if you install it and it doesn't solve the issue. so you can always send it back. no questions asked. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Motor-Control-Board/134743500/1191307?modelNumber=LTF7000ES0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

replaced..............door lock, water valve, main control and STILL does operate.......begins to fill with water for two seconds then stops and nothing.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Oh wow, this machine is a nightmare. i hate to see you keep putting money into this. the only thing left is the pressure switch.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
try pulling the rubber hose off it and blowing back into the tub to see if it clear.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

when the start button is pressed water comes in for approx 2 seconds and stops but the drum does not turn. this will happen each and every time start is pushed. rotated the drum by hand without issue. set program for spin only. the water in the drum will drain out the hose ans stop but drum did not spin.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
I wish I knew what the issue was, we seem to have gone over every possibility, did you try the pressure valve hose like I said ? can yo blow through it?