Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Bosch Dishwasher SHE44C0GUC /22 Dishwasher has started making

Bosch Dishwasher SHE44C0GUC /22

Dishwasher has started making a very loud GRRRRRR sound, just after being turned on and near the of the cycle. It used to be whisper quite throughout the entire cycle, so it's an abnormal sound. The dishes seem to come to out clean, so it's more annoying anything. Any ideas what going on? Is there something, a pump or somthing, that might need a tweak or some kind of care?

Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon, most likely you have debris down in the sump , the noise is louder when the machine first starts and at the end because the water level is lowest then. (which make the noise amplify)there is also a drain filter you should check. have you done this yet ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There was some small debris caught in the fins at the bottom of the sump. I took out the cover panel for the sump pump fan, cleaned the area removing all debris, and reassembled.

I'm running a Finish Dishwasher Cleaner pack through a full Power Wash cycle now, to see if that eliminates the sounds. The initial start up did seem to be noticably quieter, but I'll keep an eye or rather an ear on it, to see how it does through the full cycle.

As I'm writing this, I'm listening to the various sounds. It still seems a little loud when the pump is emptying liquid into the drain (I can hear the water going into the sink drain pipes). Still 90 minutes to go in the cycle, so I'll keep listening.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay great ! hopefully you got it. let me know, thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dishwasher is running through it's second full Power Wash cycle now. It sounds a bit better but not 100% yet. The sump looks totally clean after I manually cleaned it and then ran a Dishwasher Cleaner through it's full cycle. I did notice that the drain filter has some mineral deposits built up, even after the dishwasher cleaner finished. Would that contribute to the noise? If so, I could soak it in some CLR or similar product to get rid of that.

Any other ideas of things I could check?

Thanks

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
sorry I had to go out. it could be the wash impeller is getting bad . its part of the pump. you would need to change the pump if thats the case.
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.