Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I Have a GE Microwave Model #CVM2072SM1SS and everything works

I Have a GE Microwave Model #CVM2072SM1SS and everything works except the keypad. I unplued it and thied to reset it. the keypad lites up, but none of the keys work. The fan & light work.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, I know your not going to like this answer but please don't take it out on me . if your clock and digital display lights up but your not able to enter any commands the control is bad. the bad part about this microwave is the whole control is sold as one unit. (they don't sell the touch pad separately) its assembly number 23 on this diagram. this is outrages as far as price goes. $654.00 ! Its cheaper to replace the unit. you probably wont accept this answer (pay me) but that the only thing I can tell you on this unit. heres a link to look at or order the part if you wish. sorry for the bad news. theres no reset that will fix that issue. thanks and best wishes, Bryan