Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Hardwick gas wall oven mdl. ckn724-y,it has been setting

I have a Hardwick gas wall oven mdl. ckn724-y,it has been setting for a time.the the ignitor gets hot and the burner comes on for abou 30seconds to i min. then shuts off untill it completly cools down. the sensor is part of the switch so that is what I expect is wrong. any help you can give me will be great thank you John

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, can you do a test?when this starts and lights and then the flame goes out shut the thermostat off and then turn it back on again, does it relight ? or does the igniter not glow again after you restart it? also does the broil work ? (correctly)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

this is a double wall oven [old] and it only has one burner in the middle..I turned it off and back on like you said and it has been running good ever since I did notice that the shaft was sticky and hot poping out in the off position. thank you very much for your help ,if it dont keep working I will get back to you. thank you John

okay let me know, thanks and best wishes, Bryan