Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

have ed5rhexmt00 refrig. stopped cooling; replaced compresr.

have ed5rhexmt00 refrig. stopped cooling; replaced compresr. start relay & overload - was fried; now defrost controller clicks on & off w/filter light flashing, no power now to compresr. (had before); do u think defrost controller gone?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

your issue is the defrost control board.you need to replace it. most times when the relay fries it kills the defrost control board. replace it and hopefully your compressor didn't fail causing this. That happened on my own refrigerator. the only thing you can do is try replacing the board. thanks and best wishes, Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Bryan - Thank you for the info! I ordered the defrost cntrl board - should receive this week. When I first identified the fried relay, I was receiving power to the relay, but when I powered down, and then powered backup, the defrost cntlr board didn't seem to work and no power to the relay - thats when the filter light started flashing. I was afraid that the board was taken out too. Thanks again! If the board doesn't take care of the problem, can I ask any more questions? Steve

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Bryan Wanted to let u know the defrost cntlr board had 2 bad traces - replaced board with the new relay & overload and the frig is working fine so far!!! The top of the board looked fine but the traces were obviously bad. Thanks again! Let me know if there are any problems with the payment.

thats great ! If you need more info just ask. thanks and best wishes, Bryan