Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a kenmore elite electric clothes dryer and when I push

I have a kenmore elite electric clothes dryer and when I push the start button in any setting it starts and immediately stops. If I hold the start button in it will run until I turn it loose.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have a model number so I can better assist you ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i COULDN'T find a model number, but there is a number on the door (NNN) NNN-NNNN it says Even heat Heavy Duty king size Capacity with Quiet Pak ii that's all I see

there should be a tag on the machine itself right inside the door on the opening.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

right it is 110 63932101

okay great . so when you push start it starts until you let go of the start button because the centrifugal switch on the motor is bad, unfortunately you cant replace that they only sell the motor as a whole. here is a link where you can order it and theres a video there to show you how to replace it. hope this helps. thanks Bryan