Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

The soap door on my Kitchenaid (Whirlpool) Dishwasher does

The soap door on my Kitchenaid (Whirlpool) Dishwasher does not open during the cleaning cycle. I replaced the controller board (which fixed my last dishwasher with this problem) but the door still stays shut. Any ideas on what else to replace?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Do you happen to have the model number of the dishwasher so I can pull up a diagram?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The model is KUDK03CTSS3. Thanks.
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Okay, you are on the right track however, you need to replace the dispenser itself. On the back of the dispenser is a "was motor" which is what allows the door to open when it gets the signal from the control board. If that motor goes bad the dispenser will not open. The part number for the dispenser is W10224431. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.