Tom Johnston
Tom Johnston, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 years experience
14207197

Hello, I have a portable Maytag Jetclean II dishwasher. Works

Hello, I have a portable Maytag Jetclean II dishwasher. Works great, Love it. However I have moved and the connector will not connect to any faucet in my new home. HELP!!! How do I make it fit the sink???
Hi welcome to just answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be helping you today with your problem.

You need the proper tap adapter for it. It screws onto the faucet. You can get the adapter from your local appliance parts store. Just use the model # XXXXX the dishwasher to get it. The model # XXXXX be just inside the door.

If this has been helpful please leave a positive rating. Thank you.Smile
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Additional questions - sorry. Does this adapter ONLY fit "KITCHEN:" faucets? The faucet we have is not necessarily a "kitchen" faucet, it is smaller like a bathroom faucet, I would be connecting the dishwasher to one of the large deep industrial type sinks and I personally think the faucet is the problem but my husband insists that the adapter is the issue. The faucet itself has large threads on the outside of the faucet that prevent the adapted from going up far enough to click into place.

The faucet should have threads on the outside and the inside. The adapter comes with shims so it should be fine. Once you have the correct adapter you will be good.