Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

i have an amana microwave it has stopped working several times

i have an amana microwave it has stopped working several times and just shows an S E on the display. i have only had it a couple of years. i purchased it at lowes. it is one that is an exhaust over your stove top. it will stay off a couple of days then let u reset it
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

How old is this microwave now? And do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? It should be located on a sticker inside the microwave cavity and can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am sorry it is a tappan microwave. the model no is TMV151FB. it was manafactured in september 2007

OK perfect, thank you. So error SE on this model means that your touchpad has an internal short and the touchpad would need to be replaced. The touchpad on the control panel will need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue and below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replace the issue.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.